Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving week to you all!
With this time of year upon us, I would just like to take a moment and bring everyone's thoughts and prayers to the military members and their families, especially those who are deployed or overseas. This is a great time of year for most people, but when you are missing part of your family it can be especially challenging. My sister in law right now is at home with a 6 year old and a 3 year old who are both missing their daddy, and she is missing her husband while playing the role of a single mother. He has been deployed to Africa since early spring and won't be back until almost next spring. I know how hard it can be to be the one that's away for the holdiays, but only now am I realizing what the families back home are going through.
This is also a tough time of year for those who have lost loved ones in the past year, so my thoughts and prayers are with you also. My Grandfather passed away 8 months ago now, and he was the rock of the family. We never realized how much until he was gone, but I know this is going to be a tough one for my Grandmother and all the kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
So to everyone that is having a challenging holiday... I wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment