Monday, November 30, 2009

Dravet's syndrome paper...

I will admit... I had a bit of an Ah Ha moment last week writing my rough draft... But it wasn't the kind you would think, or even the kind you would necessarily like... Mine was a realization that maybe I should have picked an easier topic. Easier in the sense that it didn't mean so much to me and now to my neighbor as she has been a huge help, but also now has high expectations. You see... Now that I picked this topic and have committed to it, I am realizing that I care WAY too much about how it turns out! I should have picked an easier topic where I would have only have had to worry about my grade and making sure I did everything I needed to get the grade I want. Now I have to also figure out how to make my paper "worthy" of the topic! I want to do this thing right... But the amount of pressure I'm putting on myself over it is instead only making it harder to do! AHHHRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

3 comments:

  1. =-) LYNDSAY,

    I think you are going to do fine with your paper. I wouldnt worry so much about it,I read your rought draft and you are doing a good job.

    Im my opinion I think my paper could turn our a little better in the reporduction part, and I may end up changing it around also, but do you remember when I posted that I had thought that I picked the wrong topic. yeah, I know we all wish that some of our topics could turn out better then what we are learning some of the outcomes of certain syndromes, diseases, and so on end up. But the reality is we can only do what we can do and if we are not doctors or specialist then there are some thing we just have to take for what they are worth.

    It is wonderful that your neighboor helped you with all of your reseach, and she/he will have to realize that no matter how much information you have you can only include so much of it, and as long as you get the grade you are looking for and maybe taking the neighboor out to lunch or something for helping she should be happy for you that the two of you done so good working together. Like I always say, "I would like to write for everyone else, but then it wouldnt be my work, and I cant make everyone happy." (Waters,2009) You and the paper are going to pan out just fine. I have faith in you.

    Sherry W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound just like me! I always take on work that I can't do "half-a&#ed." It can get exhausting! However, this is important work. You will have really accomplished something worthwhile when you are done....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the wonderful encouragement! I'm sure it will turn out fine. I am having a hard time finding the motivation to finally go back in and finish it, but it will get done and turned in by the deadline, and after that... It's out of my hands and off my shoulders!!

    ReplyDelete